Sunday, April 20

Ground Floor

So I'm watching TV and I see a commercial for a new Apatow-related comedy with Mila Kunis, some white guy protagonist who looks vaguely familiar and...Russell Brand?

Yeah, that was jarring. I became intimately familiar with Brand during my 6 months in the UK - I think it's a legal requirement. He's a comedian/actor/television presenter/author/football fan/former junkie/sex addict/sex symbol.

That kind of stuff flys over there.

Naturally, I'm excited about his appearance in America - he's wacky and endearing and British and I support these traits both in principle and practice.

I, for one, suggest we welcome him with open arms and turn this scamp into a 21st-century Hugh Grant. You should probably get on the front line of the zeitgeist now and read his autobiography, My Booky Wook.

I know, right?! How endearingly wacky! Cleaned-up crackheads are the best. But hey, don't take my word for it..."I've heard he's great," says actor Tom Arnold. "I'm anxious to see what he can do."

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I don't think he will or should be the 21st century Hugh Grant. Ew. But I appreciate your enthusiasm. He annoys the bejesus out of me and I lean more towards 'twat' than 'pride of Britain.'

He popped up in the movie "Penelope" that we saw in the theatre about a month ago. WTF?!, I said. It was a movie filled with wink wink British celeb cameos, though.

I saw him promoting this movie with the other actors on The Today Show last week. He WAS really sarcastic to Meredith Viera, which I appreciated.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Trashley said...

I think he's kind of gross, but also kind of hot. He's no Noel Fielding, of course.

6:52 PM  
Blogger shaz said...

You don't mean that.

??

xx

11:44 AM  
Blogger Trashley said...

Yes. I do. You must have underestimated my grossness.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Cappynuts said...

I've seen this movie and I tell you he is no protagonist. A protagonist can't have herpes.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home