Monday, March 24

Help, Dear Reader

Easter Bunny presented an egg with an Amazon gift card all wrapped up inside, and am I ever torn. I'm frugal by nature, so when I have money that has to be spent, I freak out that I might make the wrong choice and buy something I won't love every day forever until I die, which would render the money wasted. I can't take the pressure!

Gut instinct: "The Adventures of Pete and Pete."

I probably don't need to tell you it's one of the greatest television shows ever made, regardless of genre or target audience. I know I'd love it and cuddle it and have warm fuzzy dreams about it and probably cry when Artie leaves...but then I'm going to worry I could have bought something even better.

I'm toying with the idea of buying "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" which I've wanted to read for a while, but I have a book backlog as it is and I doubt anyone, "Spin" writer or not, can tell me something about "Saved By the Bell" I don't already know. Plus, it's like 3 years old now. The world didn't even have "Flavor of Love" yet!
So what do you think? Make a recommendation. Tell me what to buy. And please don't make things even harder on me by throwing out "Freaks and Geeks, bitch!" because trust me, I've already thought of that. Oh, and I've also decided I'm going to get into silent films. I'm sure there's a fucking excellent coffee table book on that I'll want, too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarcastro said...

I recommend the Klosterman book. The Saved By The Bell chapter alone makes it worth the dough.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree. It's ok but not a must read. You can borrow my copy. Get your DVD or something else.

keith

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is this even a question? Pete & Pete!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

you can borrow my copy of the book. pete and pete is the clear answer. i have freaks and geeks and will watch it with you whenever you crave.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

chuck klosterman is annoying. go with pete and pete. the power of artie compells you!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Sarcastro said. Great read..

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home