Tuesday, May 6

Iron Man Will Save America

So I saw Iron Man the other day and decided a couple of things:

1. It is the greatest film of all time and
2. It will Save America.

"How can Iron Man save America?" I hear you asking. Here's how: the hero is 'elite.'

Yeah, I think it's time Americans started thinking about brains and creativity in a more positive light. Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) is the epitome of elite: wealthy, handsome, charismatic and brilliant. I'm sure the money and sex appeal are grating to all the poor ugly people in the world, but who do you want building our rocket boots and flame suits? Not the guy who got his degree from Hard Knocks University, I'll tell you that. YouTube can confirm it.

I don't see how I'm stupid for wanting rocket scientists to do rocket science and heart surgeons to do heart surgery and economists to do economy stuff, Hilary.

Actually, Hilary doesn't think it's stupid either, but she thinks it's what Americans think and maybe they do. They don't tell me what they think 'cause I went to college. Anyway, if Iron Man can convince people that smart folks can solve some problems, then maybe it will save America.

Also, I'm really glad Robert Downey, Jr never died. He. Is. Hot.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iron Man was a practically flawless hero flick; its makers drop some pretty obvious sequel hints too... i'm thinking the next one should be equally great

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit... new posts!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to being brilliant, elitist and wealthy, Tony Stark is also a chauvinist, alcoholic, megalomaniac.

He's basically every middle-eastern guy I've ever met, except white.

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not denying for one second that RDJ is manbeauty incarnate, but do you think his hotness is increased by the fact that we all thought he was going to die? I do, I think I desire his lack of respect for mortality as much as his winning grin.

Just thinking about him is making me a little fluttery.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home