Wednesday, June 6

Olympics - Now More Irrelevant Than Ever!

Those who know me know me as an Anglophile, and for the most part it's nothing to be ashamed of. Good authors, good television, good music, good looking - love it. I'm not a sports fan, but when London won the bid for the 2012 Olympics, I thought it was pretty cool. I mean, I'd be more interested in watching mushrooms grow than to spend 8 hours a day cheering for people jumping over sticks, but whatever.

That whatever has increased tenfold when I saw the official logo for London's summer Olympics:



Um, what? I thought Britian likes to think it's on the cutting edge of the arts - and this is what they shat out? First off, I don't think anyone's been to a rave in about 15 years, and if they're still going on, I'm almost certain the fashions have progressed beyond the Crayola reject color scheme. I think I had that pattern on a shirt when I was eight.

Way to drop the discus, England. Lame.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh. Haven't you heard of nu-rave? It's going to be big in 2012.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home