Thursday, May 31

You Caught Me!

Okay, look: if asked, I would say yes, I consider myself a feminist and agree with oh so many of the the third wave points and principles that are included in that admission. Especially important issues are reproductive rights (naturally) and the concept of gender being something not one is born with, but rather has imposed upon them because of the sex roles your culture has defined for you before you're even born. This applies of course to men as well as women, and clearly is something people struggle with (and will continue to struggle with) until there is a real, sincere effort from Western society as a whole to talk about why things are they way they are.

That said, children all look alike to me and I totally thought Celine Dion's son was a girl. It was wrong of me to make that assumption, but 1. I grew up in a culture where long hair = feminine and 2. those flowing golden locks will trick you every time. Fucking Canadians.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

And the fact that that kid is insanely pretty. Is he wearing lip gloss? And the word verification for this is "I Go Dr.Z". Jawesome.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not just the hair it's te frilly top with sequins

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a boy with Celine Dion??!?

seriously?

the fact that it looks like his hair was styled, looks kinda curly on the end. And it looks like he's wearing a blouse.

haha. that's awesome!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home