Thursday, May 31

Oh God

Please, for the love of all that is holy, can someone please organize a road trip to Petersburg, Kentucky so I can check out the Creation Museum? The website says it's open seven days a week, so I suggest we head up on a Sunday to chide the employees for not resting (as God did).

Really though, it's all about science. They even have helpful comparisons to differentiate between the Biblical and secular accounts of evolution.

Clickity-click for a larger image: the gist of it is human reason actually makes a lot more sense, though I doubt that's the point they were trying to make.

Not content to make it all about the apes and dinosaurs, there's a helpful summary at the end providing examples of why human reason is so darn crazy (as well as the obligatory abortion potshot).


Wait a second, are you telling me death is not a natural step in the circle of life? I guess The Lion King was wrong about a lot of things, in the end.

Anyway, you get the point. Science bad, Kentucky good. I've got the liquor if you've got the car.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So they're anti-abortion and pro-death penalty.

yeah, that's pro-life.

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I've bookmarked it and will periodically check into it.

I also want to go check otu this 'museum', I think it's interesting that they are doing this. Obviously, it's not a real 'museum', and I hope my daughters don't get mislead by the content, but I think it's only fair to show them two sides of history, and let them decide and talk about it.

very interesting.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Juan Horsetown said...

Let's go! I'm free!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home