Friday, September 22

DMX: Victim or Liar?

Have you heard about this? A lady claims to be pregnant with DMX's baby, which is not good news for his wife. But guess what? DMX says the lady raped him, and now his missus is standing by her man.

I hate living in a society that tends to judge the victim, especially when it comes to sexual assult. If what he's saying is true, then that's a crime and the woman needs to go to jail.

The problem is I just don't believe him. It seems too convenient an excuse. Rape is about power, and I'm having a hard time picturing a celebrity - one with an aggressive persona - being the weakest link in this dynamic. But maybe I'm being sexist.

What do you think?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I hadn't heard of this. My sister used to love some DMX so I'm interested in asking her 'bout it.

I've always wondered how women rape men (not boys). Especially big muscly muthafuckas like DMX. Did the girl drug him? Did she tie him up? How did he get hard in all this? Or did she sodomize him?

Is that the latest issue of that magazine?

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rape doesn't necessarily mean forced sex against one's will. By definition, it also includes conning someone into sex by deceptive means. Of course, if that's the case, he still commmitted adultery. Another possibility is that someone put a gun to his head and made him screw her. I think that would also be considered rape-- or at least sexual assault.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home