Wednesday, September 20

Hear Me Out...

I'll probably get a lot of (justified?) crap for championing Robbie Williams, but look at it this way: the man is not going to stop until he takes over America. He's been trying for almost a decade, and so far our brief flirtation with "Millennium" is the closest we've been, barring Jessica Simpson's abhorrent cover of "Angels."

Robbie is a showman. I admire that.

As for this new song, it's pretty good. If I told you guys it was Justin Timberlake you'd be all over it, so please give Robbie a chance.

Edit: I had a video up (for his new single "Lovelight"), but it's now been taken down. There's a lovely picture there instead. Sorry.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I missed the video before it was taken down. Alas...

But you've made me grin because back in '98 or '99, my sister and I both bought "The Ego has Landed" (that compilation released specifically for the states) and said that, "uhuhuhuh, we'd sure let him entertain US".

On one of my transatlantic flights I watched a documentary on Robbie trying to break America. Shirtless spare tire frolicking on sunny beaches with blondes. I do think he's given up now, though, because he hasn't released anything over here recently, has he?

Because the British do EVERY kind of pop music better than we do, I am WITH you here.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The original Lovelight by Lewis Taylor who wrote it is at http://www.myspace.com/lewistaylorstoned

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's that stupid look on his face that always gets me.

Is he short? He looks like a midget.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"As for this new song, it's pretty good."

Fuck off.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home