Friday, September 15

I Dare You


This is Kevin Federline's album cover. I dare you to look into his eyes for a full 30 seconds and then tell me you're not fascinated by him.

Think about it - if you suddenly had all the time and money in the world to live out your dream - even if you're no good at it, would you go through with it? Probably not. You'd do what I would do - buy lots of booze and new clothes, and spend your days traveling the world looking for better booze and nicer clothes.

We all have fantasies and daydreams of being skilled at something we're not. Music, sports, writing, acting, it doesn't matter. Chances are you suck at it just as much as everyone else, and all the practice in the world isn't going to change it. Some talents people are just born with.

That's why I find Kevin so damn interesting. Sure, he's a loser who just spends his lady's hard-earned cash on pipe dreams, but his goddamned hubris has to be admired just a little bit. He's more than happy to humiliate himself in front of the world for no other reason than he believes in himself. I simply wouldn't have the balls to even try.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the way people patronize him. Consider the low standards set by the rap world. Is he any less talented than 50 Cent or Ice-T? No. Is he less intelligent? No. Fed just hasn't hooked up with the right producers yet. It's all about personality anyway, and he has that in spades. Now get Timbaland on the phone!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love K-Fed. I want K-Fed. I'd let him deal me a hand anytime.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home