Monday, July 24

Is This For Real?

So, Steely Dan wrote a letter to Luke Wilson, asking him to reel in his brother Owen regarding "You, Me, and Dupree" which is apparently the title of a Steely Dan song. It's clearly the funniest thing ever written. Dudes were RIPPED when they banged this out.

It's so lengthy and brilliant, I simply don't have the time or grasp of the English language to wrap up the letter in a nice, succinct ball...the best I can do is give you a sentence or two totally out of context, I think it'll help you get the idea.

"You know yourself, man, that what goes around, comes around - that's like the first fucking thing you learn, right? Instant karma is a fact, Jack."

P.S. I really like "Reelin' in the Years."

P.P.S. I totally think Luke is more mature, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steely Dan is great. I've been listening to the Aja album a lot lately. Peg, Deacon Blues, Black Cow, Josie, etc. and that's just one album. Anyway.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home