Monday, October 23

Seven Wonders of the Fucking World - Christ Redeemer


Here we go. Okay, look, I know Brazil is a predominantly Catholic country so they probably love the Jesus a whole lot, but is this really a Wonder of the World? Seriously, it's only been there since 1931. That's not enough time to be considered a Wonder! In my opinion, it needs to survive at least 2 centuries and at least one large-scale disaster. Well, maybe that shouldn't happen. If a Jesus statue on a mountain survives an earthquake, you just know they're going to start saying it's magic or something.

I thought Catholics were all about Mary, anyway.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never saw this staute close up-- just the generic distance shot on top of the hill overlooking the city. I had no idea it was so huge! I'm not saying I'm down with Jesus, but that's pretty damn cool.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home