Friday, September 1

I consider it my duty to you, my tens of loyal readers, to be aware of all kind of pop-culture goings-on, and that's why I watched the VMAs last night.

Now. I don't want to come off as some kind of music snob, because I am not, by any means. I have previously declared my Justin Timberlake love on here, and one of my all-time favorite bands is ELO, so it's not like I'm playing the "holier-than-thou" card. That said, what the fuck?

First off, I didn't know MTV played videos anymore, and other than the previously-mentioned Justin and new Christina, I was surprised just how little I know about what the kids like nowadays, though I suppose that T.I. song is okay.

Observations:

  • Panic! At the Disco is not a good name for that band. There is nothing disco, panic-inducing, or exclamation mark about them.
  • Al Gore? M'kay.
  • Pink is not Sinead O'Conner, and therefore unable to pull off any kind of buzz cut.
  • No one was funny.
  • Why was Lou Reed there?
  • I have no idea who any of the rock bands are, other than The Raconteurs, who played maybe a total of 10 songs and were given a total of 30 seconds air time.

That's really all I can remember, I didn't take notes or anything. It was just the shittiest awards show I have ever seen in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home