Monday, August 6

Did You Know She Was in "Johnny English?"

As a general rule, I can pretty much live without Australia. It's really far away, and other than Cate Blanchett and Geoffry Rush (who might as well be British), it hasn't done much for me lately.

Until this past weekend. That's when I learned Daniel Johns, public anorexic and singer of former-teen rock band Silverchair is married to Natalie "Torn" Imbrulgia. And they have been for a few years! Why did no one tell me?

First of all: hilarious. I have no idea what their celebrity status is in the rest of the world, but as far as these harsh American eyes are concerned, I could not have paired this couple up better myself. What little relevance they had has been reduced to VH1 reminisces and bargain CD racks at gas stations. That they found love with one another means a lot to cynical ol' bitchy me.

You know what's even better about Mr. Daniel Johns? His makeover. He really did wage a much-ignored public battle with anorexia, and by the looks of his neck and facial hair he's well on his way to recovery. I think Silverchair is trying to make some sort of comeback.

Oh, Australia. If you keep throwing me these delicious bones eventually I'll have no choice but to admit you exist.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't they like the Australian Posh and Becks?

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I had no idea, either. Yeah, I saw Silverchair were playing here recently. Maybe at Lollapalooza or something. What a comeback.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam Smith is always saying that the Silverchair album "Diorama" is really good. And from what I've heard, he's right.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all, i love silverchair and i wanted daniel johns inside me real bad at the age of 15.

second of all, i, too, found this out this past week, and was totally crushed. but i agree, i could not have paired this better myself.

i am glad you see the relevance of this enough to mention it.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home