Tuesday, August 1

Way Back in '94



I'd tried to avoid the "lost" episodes of "Chappelle's Show" because I knew he wasn't too pleased with Comedy Central airing them, and I wanted to respect him as an artist. I caved in. While the sketches available are hit-or-miss, that's how his show always was. For every Rick James bit, there would be a song about diarrhea.

Some of the "lost" episodes are pretty interesting to watch, especially the ones concerning his fears about the expectations of fame. It's clear that he was uncomfortable with his position, and his walk away now makes perfect sense.

But let's not think about that now. Let's watch this little clip of Dave dancing in the club to a Tupac song that seems strangely current. Even with the requisite poop joke, this sketch is incredible. I laughed out loud, and I love it when people make me do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home