Saturday, August 26

The Sweatpant of Shoes

Crocs. I don't know where they came from or why they're still here, but I want them to go away. There have been many dubious fashions to come and go over the years, but I have yet to find any article of clothing more clunky, more offensive, or more tasteless than this sad example of a "shoe."

"Oh, but they're so comfortable!" the unfortunate cry, "Why, they hardly feel like I'm wearing shoes at all!"

Guess what? I don't care. They're ugly, and they make you look lazy. House slippers are comfortable too, and so are sweatpants, or oversized t-shirts - yet normal human beings who possess the concept of "shame" would never be caught dead walking around in public wearing them. I may be in severe pain at the end of the day and suffer irreversible nerve damage, but fuck it if I don't look good in my pointy-toed high heels. I'd rather have compliments than comfort.

Next time you see a person wearing them, please make sure to do as I do - point and laugh. Until everyone learns to be ashamed of themselves, I'm going to have to continue to look at this ugly-ass rubber rainbow of wrong indefinitely.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally agreed. They make every outfit look terrible. They're the unisex version of pink sweatpants that read "Princess" on the ass. atrocious.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick. People in my building wear them to WORK. And what I don't get is why they sell them in Hallmark.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I don't own a pair...I'm tragically unhip.

My parents have some but wear them to the pool and in the locker room, which is where they seem the most appropriate...but that's just me.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home