Thursday, September 7

Musicals!

The American Film Institute (as far as I can tell, it exists only to rank things) listed the Top 25 Greatest Musicals of All Time.

Now, musicals are an entirely different kind of trash that I love. If you know anything about the genre, then you'll know why MGM has 8 of the 25. There are a few little nitpicky things (I prefer Cabaret to West Side Story, for instance) I have issues with, but there's one thing I don't understand...

Moulin fucking Rouge? Seriously? I think they just ran out of movies that happen to feature songs. How about Fiddler on the Roof? Hedwig and the Angry Inch? Holidy Inn, Oliver! Hell, I'd even accept Paint Your Wagon over Moulin Rouge. That movie should NOT COUNT.

And I won't even get started on Grease.

3 Comments:

Blogger Juan Horsetown said...

Moulin Rouge sucks. Ditto for Grease. Their list is pretty agreeable by my standards.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah seriously Oliver owns me. And what about Les Miserables? Don't they hear they people sing? Singing the song of angry men. Fools

5:34 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Good to see the lovely Julie with two spots in the top 6. She's the best.

I agree very much with the top two but I have a serious dislike of The Wizard of Oz. Yankee Doodle Dandy sounds like a pile of shit, but I've never seen it so I'll leave that to your better judgement.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home